Steve was called of the Lord to full time missionary service while working with the Chattanooga Police Department in Chattanooga, Tennessee where he served for 8 years from 1974-1982. After graduating from Tennessee Temple University in 1981, Steve accepted the call to preach in open air evangelism as a home missionary before going to teach in the Philippines in 1989. Since that time GOD has given him a burden for the children in Asia. Steve has lived in the Philippines since that time where he began a training center for nationals, pioneered Calvary Baptist Church and founded Asian Children's Foundation, Inc. Steve has been with Central Missionary Clearinghouse for more than 20 years. CMC is a "mission agency" where missionaries who serve through their local churches and CMC handles the missionaries finances. All the support for Steve and his family is sent to CMC where he has a personal account for his finances. ACFI also has an account at CMC which cares for all the ministries of ACFI including 8 feeding centers, one orphanage and the Redemption Ranch. The Ranch is the only Christian Camp of it's kind in Asia which caters primarily to "street children", including squatter and very poor children. Children are sponsored by ACFI to attend a week of camp where they are cared for and given an opportunity to hear GOD's Word, especially His plan of Salvation for their lives.
Asian Children's Foundation, Inc. was founded by veteran missionary Steve Deal, in the Philippines in December 1999. The Foundation was organized to help meet the needs of some of the 1.5 million street children in the Philippines. ACFI currently has 18 feeding centers in the Philippines, India and Myanmar (Burma). Also we have an orphanage in Myanmar. We built and developed the beautiful Redemption Ranch in the Philippines which is a Christian Camp for orphaned and abandoned street children as well as poor squatter children. Steve's best friend and close partner in the ministry is his loving wife, Ahmie. God blessed them with their first child, Savannah Maria in July 3, 2006.
Our home church is Duck Creek Baptist Church in Sneedville, Tennessee USA. Our pastor is Pastor Kester Bunch.
1. We believe that the Bible, in its original documents, is the verbally inspired Word of God. It is complete, inerrant, our final authority (II Tim. 3:15-17; II Pet. 1:19-21; I Cor. 2:13).
2. We believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Gal. 1:1; Heb. 1:8; Acts 5:3-4).
3. We believe God is absolutely sovereign and that in His sovereignty He has ordained that man’s destiny depends on man’s choice (Ps. 103:19; Rom. 8:28-39; I Cor. 1:21).
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was perfectly sinless and that He died as our substitute, making a complete payment for our sins. He arose and is alive today. He is willing and able to save anyone who will trust Him as their own personal Savior (I Cor. 15:1-4; II Cor. 5:21; John 3:16; 6:47).
5. We believe that each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and spiritually dead and that, therefore, man is totally incapable of saving himself (Rom. 3:23; Eph. 2:1,8-9).
6. We believe that men (mankind) are saved by grace, through "repentance & faith," (Mark 1:15; Eph. 2:8-10) without works. After we are saved, we should desire to honor the Lord with good works in our lives but we could never be saved by our works no matter how good or well intended they might be. Salvation can only be received as a free gift from God (Rom. 4:5; 6:23).
7. We believe that every believer possesses eternal life and is, therefore, safe and secure for all eternity. When a Christian sins, his fellowship with the Lord is interrupted, but not his sonship. A Christian can incur the Father’s chastisement but he cannot lose his salvation (John 5:24; 6:37; I John 1:3,9; Heb. 12:6; I Cor. 11:32).
8. We believe every child of God is sealed and indwelled by the Holy Spirit. As believers it is our privilege and duty to be filled with the Spirit by yielding ourselves to Him so that our lives can be filled with His fruit (Eph. 1:13; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 5:18; Gal. 5:16-23).
9. We believe that during the period covered by the Book of Acts, the Holy Spirit gave various sign gifts such as prophecy, miraculous gifts of tongues for speaking in foreign languages without study, and the laying on of hands for miraculous healings. These gifts, being temporary, have ceased (Acts 2:1-11; I Cor. 13:8-13).
10. We believe that God heals today in answer to prayer according to His will but we do not believe He bestows on believers today the power to perform healings as He did in the Book of Acts. We also recognize that there may be times when God has a special purpose for afflictions and that it may not always be His will to heal (I John 5:14-15; II Cor. 12:8-10).
11. We believe that at the point of salvation, each believer is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. (I Cor. 12:13; Eph. 4:5; I Cor. 1:13-17). We believe a Christian should follow the example of our LORD in "believer's baptism", which is deep-water baptism as an illustration of the Death, Burial, & Resurrection of JESUS CHRIST and is showing outwardly what he believes in his heart and "identifying" himself with our Lord JESUS CHRIST. Acts 9:37-39; Rom. 6:3-10.
12. We believe in the observance of the Lord’s Supper as a "remembrance" of the Lord Jesus Christ and that the elements (unleavened bread & grape juice) of the supper are symbols of His crucified body and blood (I Cor. 11:23-25).
13. We believe that Christ will come again. First, He will come before the prophesied day of Tribulation to receive the Church, the Body of Christ, to Himself. Then, after the Tribulation, He will come to establish His Millennial Kingdom on earth (Acts 1:11; I Thess. 1:10; 4:13-18; 5:9; Matt. 25:31-34; Rev. 19:11-16; 20:4,6).
14. We believe that Satan is a real person who was created perfect but became the author of sin. Both he and his angels are destined to eternal judgment (Isa. 14:12-15; Ezek. 28:15; Matt. 25:41).
15. We believe that all men will be bodily resurrected from the dead. The saved will be raised to everlasting glory and the unsaved to everlasting damnation in the Lake of Fire (John 5:28-29; I Cor. 15:22-24; Rev. 20:6-16).
16. We believe it is our privilege and duty to serve as ambassadors for Christ under the special commission that the Lord Jesus Christ gave to the Apostle Paul for all believers in our present day of Grace (I Tim. 1:15-16; II Cor. 5:18-21; Eph. 3:8-9; 6:19-20).
Our Savannah, A True Grit Cowgirl.
Savannah has brought so much joy and happiness in our lives. Everyday is a new adventure with her.
Savannah, in her Filipiniana for her school project August 2010.